Sunday, May 12, 2013

Great Weekend

Had a great weekend. One of my book clubs met on Saturday and we discussed the books of J.D. Robb. Very mixed reactions. Overall, most of us felt that the quality of the writing fell below the standards the author uses when she writes as Nora Roberts. I admire her ability to attract two different kinds of readers - Roberts with her romance and Robb with her crime stories. She certainly stretches her talents.

Finding Amy has been downloaded by over 200 readers, so far. It will be interesting to see if it does even half as well as Hannah is doing. Still no reviews. I can only hope the readers are finding it worth their time.

I'm doing a final edit on 'Mama Played for the King'. Is it just too weird that I'm enjoying my own writing. I wrote it so long ago that some of it even seems new to me. I hope to have it on line by June 1st.

Had a mother's day lunch at Denny's today with Jo and Patty. Both my kids had already called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. Love talking to them. I'm truly blessed to have such great kids.

Then, tonight went to Karaoke. The regular crowd was there. Good people, all. I sang 'I'm from the Country'. It's short and I don't think I strain ears with my flat singing voice.

Oh, and I'm so bummed. Just found out that the TV show 'Smash' has been cancelled. I love it. The musical numbers are wonderful and they have had so many guest stars. It reminded me of the old variety shows of the past like Dean Martin, Glen Campbell, Sonny and Cher and so on. I will really miss it!

In thinking about Robb's book and the lack of reviews I've received for 'Finding Amy, I found this from Aldous Huxley. "A bad book is as much a labor to write as a good one, it comes as sincerely from the author's soul."

May 12, 2013

No comments: