Monday, October 30, 2006

Life Goes On

It has been a week now since I lost Dave. It's been hectic, but it has also been a time for reflection on the good side of life, especially when it comes to family and friends. The cards, calls and visits have been almost non-stop. I am trully blessed to have such people in my life. As to my writing, it's been on a back burner. Although, today, I did send out another query to an agent and a short story to an ezine. I received a rejection today from an agent. It reads, 'Awesome! Dear Sharon - we pass, but clearly you can write. Keep at it. Blog, Speak and keep writing - Something will give!' Now if that isn't the ying and yang of the writing world, I don't know what is. Smile-Smile! The coordinator for the local Spring Fling called today and needs my picture, bio and a brief blurb about the topics I'll moderate this coming Feb. on Journaling and Short Story Writing. I'm so looking forward to it. The folks are always so nice and it's a wonderful opportunity to sell my books. Also, Bertha from the college called the other day. She encouraged me to talk to the Enrichment Class coordinator at the college to see if she needs me to do any workshops. I've enjoyed doing them in the past and again, they are a good way to sell books. So many emails to answer, so must sign off for now. Maybe tomorrow, I'll find time to write. I think I hear 'Hannah' calling to me.

No comments: