Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Meeting The Readers

Had a great day! Started with breakfast under the London Bridge with good friends, then it was home to work on my latest novel 'The Band'. In today's writing I started the main character J.J. down a road that will nearly destroy him. It will be interesting to see if I can take this character that has been presented as a good, responsible man and have him become a lost, despicable husband, brother and friend. It's going to be interesting and I can only hope it works.

Then, I had a call from a gal named Shirley from the London Bridge Women's Club. She asked me to speak to her group on Jan. 12th. I'll have about 25 minutes for a presentation and a Q and A session. I'm so looking forward to it. Maybe, 'Lita - A Meandering Story' will be in print by then.

This evening, I had a speaking engagement to speak to one of the Lake Havasu City chapters of Beta Sigma Phi. I only had about 15 minutes to speak. I tried to cover my background and credentials. Then I gave a quick presentation of Journaling. They were a great crowd and provided a lot of interaction with their comments about their experiences. Sold a few books, too! I am really grateful to Sandee Honisch, an old Simi Valley, Cal. friend, who set up the engagement for me.

I continue to get nice emails from the email blitz I sent out regarding the release of 'Abby- ...' . I'm hearing from old friends who are sharing what is going on in their lives. I'm truly blessed in the friendship and support of writers from such a broad band of genres and countries. This Internet world is a wondrous thing!

So, all in all, it was a productive day for this writer. Tonight I leave you with the thoughts of Ben Jonson - "For a man(woman) to write well, there are required three necessaries: to read the best authors, observe the best speakers and much exercise of his(her) own style."

No comments: