Saturday, March 17, 2012

Taxes, Rock Bottom and Limbo

Taxes prepared today. Let's just say it could have been worse. I was thrilled to be able to have to claim royalties from three different publishers for 2011. Let's hope next year is even better.

I've been working on 'The Band' again and I'm at the crux of the story where the main character hits rock bottom. It is an emotional ride. I really like this character and want my readers to like him, too. Now, my plan is to start his climb back to being the responsible, good guy that had been his persona since birth.

Getting a little nervous. Haven't heard from my publishers on two books. And one is scheduled to go to print in Sept. The editor has been reading it for over a month now and not a word from her. The other one seems to be in limbo, too. I've been busy working with my agent and working on an 0n-line interview, so I've not questioned the other publishers. If I don't hear by mid-week, think I'll drop that them a query email.

Attended a coffee get together at Hastings Books and Music on Thursday and Peter stopped by to say hello. I really need to true up with him on how many of my books have sold and get him some new shelf copies. Don't know what I'd do without him. He is so good to all of us local writers.

Well, I'll close tonight with a comment about taxes. I have to agree with Arthur Godrey's quote. "I'm proud to pay taxes in the United States; the only thing is, I could be just a proud for half the money." And I say, "Amen!!"

No comments: