Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Very productive day for 'The Band'. I believe I've reached the turning point of the book and can now start working toward the resolution. It was difficult to bring it together and it will probably require a lot of revisions during my editing process, but the core is written and I'm pleased with it.

Finally got around to sending out a memo about my on-line interview with Jacco van der Horst at Books & Writing. He is based in The Netherlands. You can check it out at -( www.books-writing.com/interview-with-author-sharon-poppen/ ). He did a nice job. I haven't had many hits as to comments, but I can only hope folks have read it. Marketing is such a major part of this writing endeavor. Funny, how I can enjoy and want to sit for hours working on creating a perfect scene and stretches of believable dialog, but find it challenging to create an interesting piece of marketing. I can only hope it gets easier with time.

So, in thinking about marketing, the following quote comes to mind. "Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy." Norman Vincent Peale
March 27, 1012

No comments: