Monday, March 26, 2012

Walking Fine Lines

Another day of moving my main character in 'The Band' forward in his downward descent. I'm walking the fine line between too much detail and not enough. Thank goodness for first drafts!!!

Still no word on 'Regardless' or on 'Lita'. Another fine line here between bugging the publisher and yet want to keep things moving forward.

Had a great time yesterday. Went to the theatre to see the local production of 'West Side Story'. It was great! It is amazing to me what professional production efforts are achieved right here in our little city. What I saw yesterday could hold its own with many of the major productions at the renowned theaters I attended when I lived in L.A. The range of voices we heard was astounding. We will probably go to see their April production of 'Fiddler on the Roof'.

The Kingman Library is going to host their annual KABAM in May. They have invited authors to sign up for a booth. I may do it. I had fun last year and sold some books. Also got a good review for 'Hannah' from a local book reviewer.

I came across a quote by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe today and it really registered with my core belief in my own writing goals. "The most original authors are not so because they advance what is new, but because they put what they have to say as if it had never been said before."

March 26, 2012

No comments: