Friday, October 30, 2009

Blog Talk Radio - Newoka LaShelle

Oct. 30, 2009

More research! More WWII! Things have changed so much in just a half century in so many way - phones, planes, news media. 'Stephen's Boys' is moving along as to people and places, but I'm anxious to get back to feelings.

Had dinner last night with Dave and Cindie. Cindie gave Dave feed back on his novel 'Popcorn Skies'. She made some good points. We also talked a little about our publicity strategies. She is going to a library conference in Phoenix in December. She said her husband Doug liked my approach to potential customers when we were at Lois' book signing, so they would like me to go to the conference with them. That's good to hear, but it's always easier talking about someone else's work than your own.

Today was really exciting. I had another blog talk radio interview with Newoka LaShelle on Web Mistress Radio. It was an hour and she is a great host who researches the work of the person she is going to interview and asks great questions that help to keep the chatter pertinent and ongoing. I spoke about my three books, my classes, the importance of grammar, the value of critiquing, electronic reading devices and the possibility of audio books. I didn't get any call ins, but Neoka said she could see folks logged in and listening. Virtual Tales was very kind to me when they heard about the radio interview. They are offering 4 chapters of 'Hannah' for free and 40% off on the price of the whole book. That was super of them.

Talking with Newoka always motivates me and makes me feel good about myself. So, here's my quote for today. "Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go much further than people with vastly superior talent." Sophia Loren

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thank you!

Newoka LaShelle
WebMistress

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog. Keep up all the work. I too love blogging and expressing my opinions

Anonymous said...

I think you have a great page here… today was my first time coming here.. I just happened to find it doing a google search. anyway, good post.. I’ll be bookmarking this page for sure.

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog. Keep up all the work. I too love blogging and expressing my opinions. Thanks