Saturday, October 17, 2009

Crits, Motivation & Blog Radio

Oct. 17, 2009

Today was one of my favorite days of the month, my local writer's club met today. Always a pleasure to sit among such a talented group of people. And today, I got a good crit on my last submission. Comments were made about how good I am at getting into the mind of young people and making the situations and dialog believable. One of our new members commented that even tho she didn't see my name as the author, by the end of the first page she knew it was my work because of my unique style and easy flowing dialogue. Nice to hear. I also received some good nits as to ways the piece could be improved. Things like using too many 'she' vs using a proper name. A little too much show and not enough tell in some places. All valid points.

Then it was off to Denny's for the 'real' meeting. Nine of us showed up and as always the conversations were varied and interesting. Anne commented that she is glad to be back in town because the group motivates her to write. I agree. We seem to feed off each other. And, the young waiter Jeffreez and waitress Shawna treat us so very good. When I hit the NY Times best seller list, I'm going to do something special for them.

Oh, heard from Newoka LaShelle who moderates a blog radio show. I did her show last spring and she has asked me to do another one. Of course, I said yes. So, I'm scheduled for Oct. 30 at 8 p.m. EST. She asked great questions last time that allowed me to promote my book quite well, So, I'm really looking forward to round two. I think blog radio is getting more popular. When I had my interview with the gal in England, we actually had folks call in to ask questions. I hope this happen on Oct. 30th.

Tomorrow I'm going to help my friend Lois at her book signing for 'Finding Angela' at Hastings Books & Music Store. I'm so excited for her. I hope she sells a bunch. It's a dang good story. And, it's PG rated!

Time for Law & Order, so I'll sign off with this bit of advice for all writers who love to write, but balk at the administrative part of the process, like submitting our work to publishers and then marketing our books when they make it to print. "Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not; it is the first lesson that ought to be learned; and however early a man's training begins, it is probably the last lesson that he learns thoroughly." Thomas H. Huxley

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have read some of your previous posts and I can surely say, that you write amazing things! kamagra 100mg

Anonymous said...

You have great\excellent writing habits.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfWSWwTsqvQ
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfWSWwTsqvQ]kratom extract[/url]