Thursday, January 24, 2008

Crits & Hastings - A Good Day

An all day 'writing' day. First, I moved 'Lita' along. I'm pleased with the new direction. Then, gathered up my crit of Dave's 'Drift' and we had our bi-weekly meeting. It was interesting in that I think we bring good perspectives to each other. I see human type things that need to be brought into Dave's story and he shows me where I'm not portraying a typical male reaction in certain situations. Lots of things to think about and to use to smarten up our stories. Then, had a great beans and cornbread dinner prepared by Nancy. Delicious!!

Then, it was off to Hastings for our monthly readings. Small, but verbal, group in attendance - Vivian, Rob, Jilma, Anne, Dave, Lois and me. Of course, the stories/poems read were outstanding, at least in my opinion. I shared my 'S' alliteration piece and it got a lot of laughs.

The group was interested in submission techniques, so I said I'd bring some samples to the next meeting. Also, we talked about blogs and the Blog Forum at the college on Monday. I'm still not sure how much help I'll be, but I can explain why I did it, how I did it and what I ultimately hope it will accomplish.

It rained this morning. Just a little, but enough to wet the streets and dust everything off.

No comments: